Cloudy water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I moved all my fish from my 10 gallon tank to our new 25 gallon tank. The 10 was fully cycled. I moved the gravel, water, filters, everything to the new tank. I added a second filter and a bigger heater and another 14ish gallons of treated water. Everything was crystal clear all day and when I looked about 15 min ago, the water is clouding up bad.

Parameters:
Ammonia: .25ppm
GH: 180
KH: 240
PH: 7.0
No3: 0
No2: 0

I expected the ammonia to be a little high because of the tap water. I'm not all that familiar with GH, KH and PH tho.

Could it be a bacterial bloom?

Last edited:
Could very well be. It's not green or brownish it is? Did you add new driftwood?

If it's just white cloudiness you could just be going through a mini cycle which could be expected. Keep an eye on your toxin levels for the next week and give it some time, it will clear up.

Could very well be. It's not green or brownish it is? Did you add new driftwood?

If it's just white cloudiness you could just be going through a mini cycle which could be expected. Keep an eye on your toxin levels for the next week and give it some time, it will clear up.

Not green or brownish. No driftwood. Just el-cheapo plastic plants :)

What exactly are GH and KH and what kind of levels are considered good?

Back
Top Bottom