Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Why does my water get cloudy every time I do a WC ? It does clear up but repeat every time

Is your water cloudy out of the tap? My water sometimes is but after it sits for a minute it clears up. Or does your water get cloudy once its in the tank?

Not cloudy out of tap. Cloudy after it is in tank for 12 hrs +/- . So if I do WC at night, in the morning looks like milk (very light tho) and then clears up after a day

It's a small bacteria bloom, mine does the same thing. If it ever never clears up then you cleaned to well and killed to much good bacteria to straighten it out. I wouldn't worry about it as long as your tank isn't showing ammonia and nitrites

As A. McF. said, if your readings are showing no nitrites or ammonia then its nothing to worry about. If the look bothers you then add some Seachem Clarity to your tank after your water change.

That's what I thought. It only does it to the 27g cube. None of the other tanks gets cloudy like that. I usually do 50% WC every week.

Back
Top Bottom