Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jyoung2014

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10 gal tank that has been going quite swimmingly, litterally, and all the fish seem to be very happy, the only thing is that a few days ago, the water got really cloudy an green started to form of the fake plants i have in the tank. What should i do? Or is everything fine?

Attachments

• image-3647103790.jpg
    image-3647103790.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2144178997.jpg
    image-2144178997.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 57
cycle

It's ammonia. Do water changes. Cut back feed. Read up on a cycle fish tank. Basically it's rotting food because there is no "good" bacteria bacteria in the rocks yet to break it down.

It could be bacteria , algae , or ammonia , check your filter , do a 100% water change and clean your whole filter and heater ( if you have one )

If there are fiah in my tank and i continue to do water changes every day, with the nitrogen cycle complete itself?

what is your lighting schedule???? needs to be set on a timer and hrs prolly need to be reduced. I had to reduce my lighting time with leds and I have a dimmable unit which I run on low setting to stop algae growth.....Have you tested the ammonia levels?? prolly algae as stated above...read this article...Aquarium Algae Maintenance: Effective Algae Control

Back
Top Bottom