Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I added sand to a 10g tank thinking that it would look better and this is what I got ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422395582.765290.jpg there aren't any fish in it yet and I have a sponge filter as well as a regular filter running. Is it safe to put fish in and how can I clear the water faster

Sent from a pelipper

Turn off the sponge filter and give it a day or two to settle before adding fish. You can use one of those water clarifiers that clump small loose particles together to make it easier for the filter to suck them up if you want to but if you just give it a couple of days it should settle on its own.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had this problem on my 45g tank. I didn't wash my small gravel(like very small but not sand) enough and it clouded my water. I moved my fish to another cycled tank, cleaned the substrate more, put it back in and it was clear as day :)

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

Do a 50% water change and you should see some better clarity. Always remember to wash your substrates before you put them into your tank(s).

Thanks that'll be very useful ^_^ I did a 25 and it looks a little clearer ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422411501.503902.jpg would you say it's safe for fish?

Sent from a pelipper

Are the fish in dire need to be in the tank? If not id let it settle til morning. If it hasnt cleared up much, try another 25pwc then wait a few hours, check the tank, repeat if necessary.

I hear ya...Id still like to see better water clarity. Maybe someone else can shine a light on what to do.

There are no fish in there...you could do a 90% change. Even a couple of times if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom