Cloudy Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stop.alvin

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 10 gallon that has been running for a few months now and it is cloudy. The water is very cloudy (whitish)
The tank only has 1 betta with many plants and a Aquaclear 30 filter
I've tried water clarifiers, but the cloudy water keeps coming back

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So I have a 10 gallon that has been running for a few months now and it is cloudy. The water is very cloudy (whitish)
The tank only has 1 betta with many plants and a Aquaclear 30 filter
I've tried water clarifiers, but the cloudy water keeps coming back

Hi stop.alvin:

Has the cloudiness always been there, or is it new? Have you done any filter maintenance or changed your feeding regimen lately? Have you used any additives besides a clarifier? Have you had any changes in your water parameters?

-Yorg

Hi stop.alvin:

Has the cloudiness always been there, or is it new? Have you done any filter maintenance or changed your feeding regimen lately? Have you used any additives besides a clarifier? Have you had any changes in your water parameters?

-Yorg

The cloudiness is new and I change the filter carbon every 2 weeks. I only feed about 8 pellets at day for my betta

The cloudiness is new and I change the filter carbon every 2 weeks. I only feed about 8 pellets at day for my betta

Understood. Based on what you've written I think Caleb is right; it's a bacterial bloom and will resolve on its own. The water clarifiers won't really affect it.

When you change filter media that often you risk taking away some beneficial nitrifying bacteria. Have you checked your ammonia and nitrite levels recently? Does you filter have some stable biomedia in it?

-Yorg

Back
Top Bottom