cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishing

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I just set up a 150 gallon freshwater tank about a month and a half ago. I already have some fish in it. However, the water just won't clear up. It's not too cloudy, but it just has that light milky cloud which is enough to make he tank an eye sore. The tank has about three inches of gravel and a wet dry filter rated for a 180 gallon tank. I did two 24%-30% water changes so far and I cleaned the pre filter floss to the wet dry each time. Why is my water staying cloudy? Is this too much maintenence for a young tank? How often should I change the water and what percentage? Any help appreciated!!!!!!

Looks like you are cycled. Change some water a couple of days in a row. It should clear up quickly. Nice tank! I am green with envy. What are you putting in that thing?

Some live plants and a big assortment of fishes such as tetras, livebearers, catfish and a couple of bala sharks!! Thanks for the compliment!

Back
Top Bottom