Cloudy Water after different solutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Druinz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. So I got a 10 gallon a bit over a month ago and let it do a fishless cycle for about a week then added some zebra danios, neon tetras, and cory catfish. During the cycle, the tank clouded as I expected but then cleared up for a few days. However, after it had been clear for several days, it clouded again and has not gone away no matter what I do.
I've done several water changes, both minor and 50% water changes.

I'm not over-feeding the tank because I carefully monitor how much I feed and how much they eat and specifically look for any left-overs.

I've tried cleaning: the decorations, substrate, filter (left the media alone, only cleaned the actual filter pad with dechlorinated water). I don't want to use any chemicals because I want to target the actual cause and fix it before it can potentially harm my fish.

I also have a small anubias congensis plant to help with filtering the water, and I'm considering getting some dwarf grass to add to the biological filtration.

Any tips on what I can do to clear it up?

Sounds like the tank is still cycling.... What is the Ammonia , Nitrite and Nitrate?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

^ +1

without any additives or already cycles media fishless cycles can take a month or more.

Back
Top Bottom