Cloudy water after wc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roydooms said:
My tank is cycled!!! :D

Nitrite: 0.0ppm (tested it twice :) )
Ammonia: 0.0ppm
Nitrate: 5.0ppm
pH: 7.4

That's great news Roy. Now you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour (or get back to the LFS and add a couple more fishes!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

hdultra said:
Ok now you really going to have to do all the other stuff. stuff. stuff.

What other stuff? Are you guys messing with me? :)

Oh just the other stuff you got to do, like feeding, watching, kicking back, being satisfied=being confident. enjoying you labors = results etc.

Yes brother just having fun. :clown:

hdultra said:
Oh just the other stuff you got to do, like feeding, watching, kicking back, being satisfied=being confident. enjoying you labors = results etc.

Yes brother just having fun. :clown:

You got me worried there for a minute. Lol.
I'm gonna be doing a lot of that stuff for sure. :D

I'd give it a few days at 0ppm to make sure everything is A-ok. Then Add more fish s-l-o-w-l-y, and you shouldn't have any more water quality issues!

Great job, Roy! This is what you've been waiting for! :)

Coleallensmom said:
I'd give it a few days at 0ppm to make sure everything is A-ok. Then Add more fish s-l-o-w-l-y, and you shouldn't have any more water quality issues!

Great job, Roy! This is what you've been waiting for! :)

Ok. I'll give it a few days I actually just tested now. Nitrites and ammonia are still 0.0ppm. Thanks Alisha :) I've been waiting for this!

I have a 33g. I'm going to Ace hardware or walmart for the ammonia. I'm doing fish-less cycle from now on. :D

That's great! Just remember that you've got a head start from here on out. In the future You'll be able to seed any new aquarium/filter using your cycled tank. :)

Coleallensmom said:
That's great! Just remember that you've got a head start from here on out. In the future You'll be able to seed any new aquarium/filter using your cycled tank. :)

Making it a lot faster to do a cycle. :D I'll keep that in mind. P thank you! :)

How long did the cycle take from start to finish ?

Pvtdgrif said:
How long did the cycle take from start to finish ?

I set up my tank on Dec 29th. Let it run empty for a week then added the fish(which was wrong). I didn't know anything about cycling nor did any water changes until I was told to in this forum. That was Jan 15th. I don't know if I should count the 1st week with no fish. If yes, it took a month and 2 days. If you won't count the first week, less than a month :D

Update:

I trimmed the old leaves of the swords. All of the leaves are new growth. I took out all the ludwigia ovalis and replaced it with repens. I added a banana plant, more moneywort and pigmy chain sword. I also added a fluval fx5. I will eventually take one of the marineland 350 out .

Next pics update will be a month from now or when I get the discus :D

Looks very nice Roy. I see the brown leafs are gone. Keep up the good work man.

hdultra said:
Looks very nice Roy. I see the brown leafs are gone. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks Michael. Unfortunately, the diatoms are still there. I just trimmed the worse of the leaves. I added the fx5. I hope the added current will prevent more diatom growth.

Isn't the color in the ludwigia repens beautiful? I put some in my 37 gal during my last rescape and I'm really enjoying it.

Coleallensmom said:
Isn't the color in the ludwigia repens beautiful? I put some in my 37 gal during my last rescape and I'm really enjoying it.

They are gorgeous! I like it a lot! Those are additions to the 2 stems that I have that are not multiplying. The leaves are just getting broader. I think they are a lot easier to grow than the ovalis. Just dose repens with iron and the maroonish(?) color pops out.

Back
Top Bottom