Cloudy water cant shake it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an 80 gallon tank with a fluval 405 and an ac200 water Perameters are ph 8, amm 0, ni 0, na 10 tank is cycled and running for two months I clean the gravel and pwc 25% weekly any ideas?

Also some green algae going on it's a lot better no longer on the glass but still in the gravel ?

Welcome to the club, lol. In my 46 gallon I can't get the freaking thing crystal clear even though I'm replacing poly-fil twice a week. For me, it all started with an algae bloom after using a certain liquid fert...and even though the tank is 1000% better...it's never fully recovered the clarity it had before the bloom. Even though the water doesn't appear green...I still feel it's related to the algae (having a slight problem with WHA and GSA at the moment) and I'm getting set to try altering my lighting setup and changing a fert routine to try to clear it up. It seems like we can cure one of our issues...maybe we can clear the other :). What type of lighting and how planted is your tank?

Two t8's 36" and I got hornwart and have java fern and I had my breeder box in there today it's white mesh it came out with a slight green tint very slight

I'm only running 1 T-5 HO 39 watt 6,500k...it's a duel bulb system but my other is actinic for aesthetics. I'll probably replace the blue with a plant growth bulb this weekend and start using some Seachem liquid ferts along with my root tabs so hopefully my plants can outcompete the algae. I'll let you know if I find any success...and you do the same for me :)

Mogurako said:
I meant this stuff, works great.

I tried it once and it does work great...but it actually stained all my bio-media brown. The slight haziness also returned after a few days.

eco23 said:
I tried it once and it does work great...but it actually stained all my bio-media brown. The slight haziness also returned after a few days.

I was told to rinse all the bio-media afterwords, turned mine brown/orange too.

I'm wanting to know the same thing... I had a breeder net in my tank that had algae growth and now I cant getmy tank crystal clear either. There is a yellow haze to it. Following along.

kelly77143 said:
I'm wanting to know the same thing... I had a breeder net in my tank that had algae growth and now I cant getmy tank crystal clear either. There is a yellow haze to it. Following along.

Mine is a blueish haze but that's probably from my blue light

You should try a UV Sterilizer. It made my tank crystal clear. :)

coalcut said:
You should try a UV Sterilizer. It made my tank crystal clear. :)

Was it one of the "Mean Green Killin Machines" or whatever they're called?

I looked into inline ones for my Fluval 405...but that thing pumps water through so fast I don't see how it would have enough contact time.

Welcome to the site btw :)

eco23 said:
Was it one of the "Mean Green Killin Machines" or whatever they're called?

I looked into inline ones for my Fluval 405...but that thing pumps water through so fast I don't see how it would have enough contact time.

Welcome to the site btw :)

I was looking at uv sterilizers at my lfs have you ever considered it Eco?

ryan-peddle said:
I was looking at uv sterilizers at my lfs have you ever considered it Eco?

I considered it when I was dealing with green water for a while...but since I cleared it up I've kinda forgotten about it.

I got some absolutely A+++ advice from fort384 today...and I'm gonna follow his advice to the T and see if it fixes things up. I can link the thread if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom