Cloudy water from side of tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a scrubber pad in a wand from petsmart. It was like a scotch bright pad on it but didn't scratch the tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Our tank is still cloudy too... Nothing is seeming to help it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Our tank is still cloudy too... Nothing is seeming to help it.

Is it just on the sides or is it cloudy from the front view too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I honestly think all tanks look cloudy from the sides

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine is cloudy from front and sides

Mine is cloudy from front and sides

It almost certainly is a bacterial bloom caused by your tank not being fully cycled. Do you have a test kit ?? If you don't start off with seeded media, it can take over a month to fully cycle.

What kind of filtration do you have?

When I set up my 38 gallon after moving to Florida in 2010, it turned out to be a combination of two factors:

1) Poor quality tap water - Solution 25% bottled spring water % 25% RO, & 50% tap.

2) I was changing the poor quality filter media in my Wal-Mart Aqua Tech 30-60 too often and destroying the beneficial bacteria needed to fully cycle the tank. Solution: Added lots of Seachem Matrix in a biobag and made "cut to fit" media out of 100 micron aquatic life non-woven polishing pads so fine particles could be filtered out. Or, you can do about the same thing with tightly packed filter floss. Sera Wool is best:

Amazon.com : Sera Filter Wool 3.5 oz : Pet Supplies

Later, I got me a couple Fluval C3 HOB's and with 50 micron pads, my water is "stunning."

I guess that's a bacterial bloom. Is this tank new ? Did you cleaned filter media under tap water ? If not, DON'T.

Just let the tank ajust, it will clear by itself. If in two weeks it's still looking like that, you can get a water clearifier. Don't overdose.

Polywool pads may help.

UPDATE: I just read the whole thing, this is a new tank syndrome. Your tank seems to be young, you are probably in cycling process. Also I see you got goldfishs. They represent massive bioload in an aquarium. I would monitor Ammonia and Nitrites and do water changes according to tests results.

Make sure you never clean your filter media under tap water, or this process will start over.

I recommand you read about the Nitrogen Cycle: http://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm

I just got over a bacterial bloom because I got excited and didn't let my tank finish cycling. Do a 50% water change and that should clean up quite a bit of your water parameters are normal.

Back
Top Bottom