Cloudy water from side of tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichliddude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I have a issue and don't know how to solve it. When I look at my tank from straight ahead it looks clear and then I look at it from the sides and bam the water looks cloudy. I've tried a 50 percent water change it was a little better but still a little cloudy then after a day i tried some clarify and that didn't clear it up and that stuff says right on the bottle that it is a clear all no matter why the tank is cloudy. I have attached a few pictures any ideas or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420864699182.jpg
    1420864699182.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 1420864719721.jpg
    1420864719721.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 1420864737797.jpg
    1420864737797.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 1420864755771.jpg
    1420864755771.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 187
Our tank is the same way right now, I'm not sure what's going on, we also bought the cloudy stuff and it did nothing. Have done 15% water change twice..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How new is your tank Brandi

We have had it up and running for a few week, then we added a small community of fish.. How about yours?

Been about a week

My tank wasn't a brand new tank or setup everything was up and taken down for a while then put back up

Ya we had a 55gallon about 5 years ago, and now starting back up with a 55 gallon.. What all kind of fish do you have?

Ok. What exactly is filter floss?

So the tank has only been up for just 3 weeks and your parameters are "fine?"

It should be cycling which would explain the cloudy water...

What is ammonia, nitrite and nitrates exactly?

I cycled with filter media from other tank. Ph is 7.4. The rest is 0 0 5. It is only cloudy from sides and can see splotches on glass. I guess it may be bacteria.

Cichliddude, I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

What I did was cleaned the sides of the tank and did a water chang and then about a day after that it was crystal clear. Also added another filter media to my filter so I think what really did it was cleaning the side of the tank and doing a major water change.

Back
Top Bottom