Cloudy water totally frustrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettyvonblack

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought river rock and pebbles from home depot and rinsed them for a few hours, however when I put them in my new tank and filled it with water the water is still cloudy. Will this go away after I let the filters run for a while or is there a chance the sedimentary rock in the tank will keep it cloudy?

Attachments

• image-3881003571.jpg
    image-3881003571.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 137
It should go away with time. Maybe a day or two. Check, sometimes it actually tiny little bubbles from your tap that make the water cloudy!

It will eventually settle on its own but if your impatient you can add some floss to your filter to help polish the water and do some water changes to remove some.

Thanks so much for the advice. Seems that a good majority of the rocks weren't good for a tank (vinegar test) so I went back and got some others. HUGE difference, I'm assuming the rest will clear up with time? As for the floss trick, how would I do that?

Put it in your filter wherever it will fit. Make sure it doesn't obstruct the flow too much or the filter could overflow. You can remove it once it's done it's job.

take poly filling out of one of your old pillows( or out of your siblings) and cram it into the filter compartment.

The poly will trap the fine dust particles in no time and your tank will be crystal clear.

This works and is super easy.

audifusion said:
take poly filling out of one of your old pillows( or out of your siblings) and cram it into the filter compartment.

The poly will trap the fine dust particles in no time and your tank will be crystal clear.

This works and is super easy.

Your siblings are filled with poly filling??? :D

Mumma.of.two said:
It will eventually settle on its own but if your impatient you can add some floss to your filter to help polish the water and do some water changes to remove some.

What kind of floss r u talking about? Dental floss?

Tank is almost completely clear now , thank god. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom