Cloudy water why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamesabbott418

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 125 gallon aquarium with three small and four tiny gold fish and one small koi

I have a filstar x3 filter and also a 39 gallon sump filter that currently only contains a gallon of k1 media, a gallon of filter balls, bag of charcoal and bag of filter rings. Also have so filter foam

I had this tank setup for about 8 months and noticed the silicon coming loose and had to start over so this tank has been up and running for 7 weeks. The sump has been running for 4 weeks.

At the 3 week time I setup the sump and the water appeared a little cloudy and after the sump started within 3 days the tank was extremely clean so clean that you could read paperwork on one side of the tank from the other side of the tank through the water 6 ft worth of water.

Now a week ago I notices it getting a little cloudy again so I did a water change 50% and I cleaned the x3 filter out and the sump foams, then over night it got worse, IV done two 50% water changes this week nothing has changed

I test water every other day
Water test results
Ph 7.2
High ph >7.6
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40 and can't seem to get it lower

What's going on?
What should I do?

And one plecostomus

Attachments

• image-2835914414.jpg
    image-2835914414.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2756340777.jpg
    image-2756340777.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 67
Sounds like your having a bacterial bloom. They come right back after a WC. They usually run their course in a few days to a couple of weeks. I know they are unsightly but it should clear on it's own. A UV sterilizer will clear them up in about 24 hours or so.

Sounds like your having a bacterial bloom. They come right back after a WC. They usually run their course in a few days to a couple of weeks. I know they are unsightly but it should clear on it's own. A UV sterilizer will clear them up in about 24 hours or so.

The UV light works.

Back
Top Bottom