Cloudy waters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't find your previous post and did not see it! I will most certainly look into it!! At the risk of my wife divorcing me lol! ( NOT REALLY )
I had problems of cloudy waters and tried everything but it keeps coming and go. Bacterial bloom, algae bloom. Once I installed a UV filter my water never gets cloudy or green or brownish. Its always crystal clear and a UV keeps the fish away from many diseases as well. To me, a UV is a must addition to every tank.

Thanks, already checking into it!! Any suggestions on brand or specs
I use a submersible one with its own power head. Its very easy to install like any other powerhead filter. I am using a cheap one.

1491328495504.jpg

But if you are from US then you have access to Sun Sun UV sterilizerz. They are best. I suggest an 8 or 10 watt.

You can Google for UV sterilizer in action and you can see how it clears a cloudy tank to clean water within just few days and then when water is clean it will keep it clean forever. No more cloudness

Holy hell!!! That's impressive!! And it worked as well for you personally I take it

Hi Jabba, the $1 per gal deal is at Petco.....I believe it's national.....I picked up a 29gal for $29 yesterday, 4/3. I'm in SE Fla.

Dunno if your cloudy water issue has been resolved, it's said it usually does clear up by itself. But as a newbie, I've found adding a another filter, even a small one works wonders...works for me.

Enjoy the hobby...
Art.

I beefed it up with another 350gpm pump!! Vacuumed the heck out of it! Nitrite neutralizer, and bio filter booster!! So far so good, but less than 24hrs!! Spent 2 1/2 hrs cleaning

Yes, but with your stocking issues (struggling to remember details without rereading entire post) you will always struggle to maintain good water quality. That is why everyone was hard on you at beginning of post, you have to now ask yourself do I want to struggle like this long term?

Good Luck, hopefully you succeed, but just be prepared.

That's why many overfilter, understock, and plant heavily.

Now just know risk and plan accordingly, that's why I'm slowly upping my light and tech on low tech/ low light ( therefore low maintenance[emoji6] ) tank.

Hopefully I won't have problems and neither will you, just pay close attention.

Yes, I know this is temporarily fixed! I don't mind the constructive criticism!! And it was done tactfully! It was helpful!! This is only until I can get another tank set up. Thanks again for all your great advice and the best of luck to you as well

Great thing about this forum, we've all been there or learn from each other.
Glad you took advice as intended, I'm not always right. Lol

I realize, that's why I don't take offense! No one starts out a pro!! Lol! I joined because I needed help, and that's not going to change any time soon! Ecstatic to have you all?

IMG_7017.jpg

Hope it all stays this way for a while!! PH is still high! But most is good for now[emoji4]

Thanks! It's pretty Random for the most part due to the fact that my children go to the pet store with me and always want something to put in the tank! Lol! Hard to say no when they are so **** cute! [emoji7]

Oh I know, wife and 9 yr old daughter stock our 55 gallon guppy mansion! I m just responsible for cleaning, maintenance, and problems! Haven't been right about anything in 25yrs of marriage.[emoji35]

Back
Top Bottom