Clown loach changed to nocturnal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have had two clown loaches in a community tank for over a year, all fish doing well. The loaches had always been very active, swimming at all levels, together. For over a month now, though, there is only one that is usually out during daylight hours (really, the 12 hrs the light is on). Once in a while the other comes out (from hiding in a rock or decoration), and they both appear perfectly healthy.

Is a change to a nocturnal pattern typical? Any ideas about what's gone on?

Thanks.

They actually are primarily nocturnal. That being said, my guys are up with the sun and go to bed around 7-8 pm. Go figure.

Have you made any changes in the tank? I wouldn't worry hugely, as it is a more normal pattern for them and they appear healthy, but I do wonder what triggered it.

thanks...I don't think there were any major changes...they'd always been out together for the year and a half or so Ive had them...it's a 30 gal tank and they are both now about 3 inches.

I used to have one that never came out in the day time. Now, I have two, that if I'm patient enough, I can see in the day.

They are supposed to slow down and become more reclusive when they start maturing.
Of course they are also supposed to eye their tankmates with an evil atypical glint once they are really big and pair to breed. 8O

Back
Top Bottom