Clown loach help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VOZIE

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. I have a 300L or 80 US Gallon tank. Medium amount of easy to maintain live plants. I already have two clown loach which are stunning fish bright in colour and showing signs of good living. More of a waist line if u know what I mean. I recently got two younger clown loach which seem really thin and pale in colour.
Is this normal for a young fish or am I just used to seeing two stunning but slightly over weight older fish? Will the older fish be happy with the two new additions.

Also in the tank is a dozen neons a dozen rummy nose. Various other tetras and a few cat fish plus a few cherry and Rosie barbs.

Hi vozie

I am so in a similar situation , I am going to upgrading to a 300liter/ 80g. Soon.

I have already one clown loach,... Love him to death. 3 weeks ago my husband and I went to a petshop,.... I saw 2 baby clown loaches in bad shape. They are so skinny. My heart just broke. I looked at my husband.... And we decided to take them home with us.

My big goal know is to keep up with waterchanges 2 times a week. Cause my clean water and good feeding sessions have brought those little ones back to life.

I just want to check... Will they be happy in a 300liter?

Are yours happy?

I by the way they are called Bozo, Bobo and Buddy☺️

Hi
300 litre is fine. What else have you got with them. People will say that 300 is too small as they have potential to get rather big. However they are not fast growers and can live for over 20 years. I have never seen a fully grown clown loach.

I have always found brome shrimp to be a good way of putting on weight in most fish.

Hope this helps always a pleasure to chat to people who clearly love there fish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is geat news. I have 6 cardinals and 4 julli cory catfish.

Now I am very exited about getting my 300 liter!!!!

Thank you!!!

Still room for more.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom