Clown loach with identity crisis.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
My clown who died last night, had a brief identity crisis. He was imitating Bruce my CAE for the last 2 days. He sat on the glass trying to do what Bruce did. Poor little guy looked so confused when he didn't stick the way Bruce did! I'm going to miss him, all the loaches got ich unfortunately.

Incredible photo journal Zagz...I'm just sorry he didn't survive the ich. Would have been interesting to see how long he would have continued to mimic Bruce.

I used to always use my clown loaches when i got ich (they seem so succeptible to it) but then i realized that the treatement, i used some drop stuff once, and salt another time, that was killing them. The last time i had ich i used HEAT ONLY and i didn't have any losses. Are you using heat treatement only? The salt will kill the loaches every time.

I was using heat only, unfortunately the ich moved faster than I could turn the temp up in a big tank.

sometimes you gotta risk it and get that heat up to 86 quick... but im sorry for your loss and hopefully you won't have it again!

Thanks everyone. Ashley, I know it is a perplexing situation on whether to risk the increase in heat or do it slowly, hindsight is 20/20. What a week for several of us on AA this week! Hopefully the black cloud moves on to some other group!

Zagz said:
Thanks everyone. Ashley, I know it is a perplexing situation on whether to risk the increase in heat or do it slowly, hindsight is 20/20. What a week for several of us on AA this week! Hopefully the black cloud moves on to some other group!

I sure hope so... :cry: seems like a lot of people have had it rough this week.

Back
Top Bottom