Clown Loaches & Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandymoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,
Just wanted to share a funny discovery I made. I have 5 tiger barbs & unfortunately I lost my lovely 2 large clown loaches so I put two baby clown loaches in.

I find clown loaches have very big personalities, but some can be shy and like to hide.

Well, both my lovely clown loaches think they are part of the tiger barb family (after all they are the same colours of orange and black). They school with the tiger barbs, feed off the top of the water and pretty much act like a tiger barb. They never hide, always in the front with their tiger barb family.

I say they think they are "brudders to another mudder". This has been going on now for months and is such a delight as Clown Loaches must be some of the most entertaining fish in an aquarium. Anyway, heres a few photos of them,

photo4.JPG

photo3.JPG

That is GREAT. I love clown loaches. Deffenitly my favorite fish. The clicking they do when the light goes off and the endless fight against the current from the filter. I have a 65 tall, and only have two, so i know i dont provide the greatest tank setup for them but i cant resist them.

Back
Top Bottom