Clown Loaches eat snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Overstocker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thought clown loaches ate snails.

I put my 2 loaches in my daughters tank yesterday but today all the snails are still in her tank. Was I incorrect about the clown loaches?
:?

They have a reputation for eating snails, but it is unlikely they would do it overnight. Let the loaches get used to their new surroundings and see what happens.

Clown loaches ADORE snails. That being said, if they've never seen a snail before they probably have no idea how yummy (to them...yuck to me LOL) they are. Crush a couple against the tank wall with a plastic card (never with your fingers); they'll catch on soon enough and start taking over the job themselves.

My guys started in on the snails the minute they went into my tanks, but there were snails in the tank they came from. Plus, if you have a lot of snails, you may not notice the initial population decline. Look for empty snails shells to let you know if the loaches are chomping on them.

I agree with that, I had tons of snails until I dropped a few loaches in, now all I have are the shells left from the ramshorns thats were in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom