Clown Loaches Too Big...What Else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No can do, I'm pretty attached to those fish. :) I will rehome my offending fish if my others seem stressed. My loaches eat like pigs and don't appear to be outcompeted for food. Just for the record, I am in no way disrespecting your opinion, but all my fish seem very healthy, active, and happy.

Do you have any pics of your huge yo yos? I'd love to see them. 8)

severum mama said:
Just for the record, I am in no way disrespecting your opinion, but all my fish seem very healthy, active, and happy.

I am sure that your fish are, but current theory, supported by data, suggests that most fish release hormones and pheremones into the water that suppress growth in that fish when the percentages get high enough...and it does not seem to yake long in a small, enclosed system...very frequent, large water changes, as a result, make for greater, more quick fish growth.

Do you have any pics of your huge yo yos? I'd love to see them. 8)

I can take pics sometime tomorrow (lights are out for the night), but these are far from 'huge'...'huge' are the trio of 6" yoyo loaches I sold at auction about 2 months ago (and are currently living merrily in a friend's tank) to make room for the current quintet (which will likely themselves go to auction in a couple of months when they are monstrous as well).

Again, no disrespect meant to a zoologist such as yourself, but just because your fish are growing faster than mine doesn't mean that I don't take the best care of them that I can at the moment. I feed high quality foods, carry out more water changes than many on this site, and have had exponential growth from my fish-- not as much as yours, but exponential nonetheless. I do the best I can, plain and simple, and my fish seem happy because of this. I do understand the process pheromones and growth hormones play in fish growth, despite being a product of the American educational system (lol). However, I must take comfort in the fact that my fish live with an experienced (not expert) aquarist. That's the best I can do.

That said, I appreciate your opinions, as always. I'm much looking forward to the pics!

Skittish little beggars...nearly impossible to get a clear pic of them, but I managed a couple...unfortunately, it is of one of the two smallest (about 3").

Attachments

• 0612200041_922.jpg
    0612200041_922.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 0612170004_104.jpg
    0612170004_104.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 13
AWESOME FISH!!!!! The biggest CL I've ever seen in person was about 6-7 inches. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom