Clown Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantrug9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Morning,

Iv just recently gotten into the aquarium hobby and found myself interested in catfish and plecos. I recently purchased a clown pleco as its fully grown size with fit my 20 gallon tank. I have one piece of Malaysian driftwood in there. My problem with my pleco is I never see him eating. Iv put zucchini in there twice over night and in the morning its untouched. In addition to that Iv never seen him on his driftwood. Iv also tried algae pellets but my platys and guppys seem to nibble at them. Am I doing something wrong? Is my pleco a closet eater and I just dont see him eat?

Is the tank only one gallon? If so its prob the water quality as no plecos should be in a tank under 29g

Is the tank only one gallon? If so its prob the water quality as no plecos should be in a tank under 29g

Sorry thats a typo. I have a 20 gallon tank. They guy at the store said 20 gallons would be fine.

That's the min size for them, it's just they are very very messy so water quality detonates faster in smaller tanks. How old is the tank? Any other bottom feeders? They are mainly wood eaters so it could be nibbling at nights on it?

That's the min size for them, it's just they are very very messy so water quality detonates faster in smaller tanks. How old is the tank? Any other bottom feeders? They are mainly wood eaters so it could be nibbling at nights on it?

I dont have any other bottom feeders in there, just him. The other four fish I have are 2 guppies and 2 platys. The tank is a month old and I do water changes every three days, about 25%. He very well could be eating at night when I dont have an eye on him. Just from everything Iv read people say they spend the majority of their time on the wood and Iv never seen him on there.

Back
Top Bottom