Clown V Angel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 3 clown loches are picking my 2 angels!!!!! they always pick on them, why????? Im going to a lfs to get them to put aside more fish for me atm i have 3 clown's 2 angel and 2 gourami's! i am planning on getting 2 more angels, should i get another clown loach?? any suggestion to what to get that go with the fish i already have would be great perhaps a shark that wont out grow it? suggestion please:) take care all

Btw, its a 45 ga planted tank thats over filtered.
and yes i no that i need to get a bigger tank for the clown when older!

Clown loaches have naturally agressive tendencies. I have a few of them and it seems they just dont like specific breeds. However I have seen lots of intraspecific agression so mabye if you get a few more the agression will stop focusing on the angels and they will focus on themselves.

Will do, I asked them to put aside, 3angels 3 other fish and the black shark, don't now the names, going to find out about them b4 i buy them. anyways they are butting them in a QT for as long as i wont them in there 4 and its free, very nice place, and i will phone them up tomorrow to add 3 extra clown's. ty for your help.

Shucks, y'know if it was me I'd take the angels back ;-) :p lol

Btw, 6 clowns in a 45g tank is...um...quite a lot. One solution (though I could never bring myself to do it) would be to return them to the LFS once they've grown a little. But, the poor guys will be uprooted then see :(

Lol im planning on getting another BIG tank or 2 for them, i'll go to mum & dad on my 18th and ask, as well as mentioning I love them Hahahah LOL. Its strange every other clown i have seen are nice to other fish, and from what i have read they are? what is with my fish, lol

Aww, don't be put off them, fish can have personalities too that make them different from the norm! :)
I once actually had a clown that was crushed by some botia kubotai (polkadots) I once had; they were trying to make him play with them all the time but he wouldn't so they kept squashing him! I was horrified at the time thinking they were so aggressive, but it was just their personalities and I've never had other kubotai do the same!

Clowns are my favourite fish of all time: you will not regret keeping them! Tell your dad from me too! lol!

Back
Top Bottom