Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Clowns & Temp

Have been treating with Ick Guard II for five days at three different occasions. (Jungle rep says it stays active for only 24 hrs.) Anyway, I'm gonna try CopperSafe at half dosage next and would also like to raise water temp. Question is, what temp can clowns tolerate at most? By reading threads I see cats may not tolerate 86. Can loaches? If I can't increase to 86 safely, is it better to stay at normal (78 ) instead of "helping" the ick at low eighties?

Plz help, Fred

Old 03-15-2005, 05:00 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

cooking clowns

I have personally kept the temperature at 90F for 2 weeks on clowns and I still have them. I am using an accurate Fisher Scientific lab thermometer. I have also checked the temp with other thermometers and I got the same reading. Personally I think 86 - 88F is plenty but I wanted to make sure I got rid of the ich. You have to keep the water well aerated with warmer water as warm water doesn't retain oxygen well. I don't recommend this, I'm only telling you my experience and it hasn't been harmful to my clown loaches or the other inhabitants.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #3

Clown loaches can tolerate temperatures up to 86F and a bit beyond.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I would stop all meds ASAP, read the article regarding ich in the articles section, and treat the tank with heat and salt. My loaches have been treated this way and came through with flying colors!

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, clowns

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com