CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55g that I want to make it a planted tank. I've done plants before but I've always used a homemade one but I'd like to use a proper one but I don't know where to find them. Any suggestion on where to get them or any sights to buy them?

Sent from peliper

Do you have a particular budget? While we're on the subject are you all set on lights/ferts too?

Buying a CO2 tank? Just look up CO2 in your area. I got mine from Welders Supply. There's also AirGas. If there are any home brewing shops or clubs near you they could guide you to it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, not sure if OP is talking about the whole shebang (regulator, tank, etc) or just one part.

What do you mean plant lights? Most good lights will eat that budget up pretty quickly. I think you'll be looking at more than $300 worth of equipment.

A CO2 cylinder will run you somewhere between $100-150, regulator will be about $80 for a cheap one, the tubing, check valves, diffuser/reactor, drop checker, the plants, fertilizers, additional tests.

Just start looking online, Amazon, eBay, call around to welding places or breweries, google co2 in your area and start dialing numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Where I buy my tank hoods they offer lights that are specialized to help plants grow and they're around $5 each
And my $300 budget is for the CO2 stuff only not worrying about tubing and plants just yet I have another budget for that as I'm still in the proses of starting the tank

Sent from peliper

Maybe look into some T5 lamps and bulbs. Led is great too, a little expensive. Not that t5s are cheap either. Some great lighting threads on this forum, maybe browse some setups. Brooksters lighting threads are great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was actually looking at those for my lights. Right now I only have the tank and I plan on using as much of my pay as possible to finish it out as soon as I can. I still need the sand the filters hoods air stone air pump wood and rocks. The CO2 will probably be the last thing I get aside from the plants. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it'll run me to get it and where I can get it

Sent from peliper

Back
Top Bottom