Co2-cloudy water relationship?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRingOfFire

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,

I'm getting water that clouds progressively throughout each day, then clears when the Co2 is off overnight. I'm using an inline diffuser which, through the spray bar, mists the tank with micro bubbles. It is not. however, the micro bubbles which are clouding the water. The particles causing the cloudiness are undetectably microscopic, and gives e water a milky appearance. I've heard this could be a bacterial bloom (the tank has just cycled), but do bacterial blooms have daily fluctuations of this nature? Also, what is considered a normal daily PH fluctuation? With a Kh of 3, I am getting daily fluctuations of around 0.6 (6.3-6.9).

Thank you all kindly in advance

Jayna

PH fluctuations from c02 doesnt matter .

And as far as the fish are concerned?

And as for the cloudiness, I suspect I am having an algal bloom.

Does anyone know of a co2 diffusion method whereby it is dissolved into the water with 100% efficiency, thus eliminating microbubbles?

Hi guys,

I'm getting water that clouds progressively throughout each day, then clears when the Co2 is off overnight. I'm using an inline diffuser which, through the spray bar, mists the tank with micro bubbles. It is not. however, the micro bubbles which are clouding the water. The particles causing the cloudiness are undetectably microscopic, and gives e water a milky appearance. I've heard this could be a bacterial bloom (the tank has just cycled), but do bacterial blooms have daily fluctuations of this nature? Also, what is considered a normal daily PH fluctuation? With a Kh of 3, I am getting daily fluctuations of around 0.6 (6.3-6.9).

Thank you all kindly in advance

Jayna

What kind of diffuser are you using? Is it a atomizer? In that case, the misty micro bubbles are the intention. The clouding of the water isn't likely relation to your co2. It's possible to have some sort of cyclical bacteria bloom, or it could also be euglena aka 'green water'. If you put the water against a white background, does it look at all green?

Those pH fluctuations are actually pretty mild. I've seen pH changes of 1.5 or more in tanks of heavier CO2 levels. Be assured thought that pH changes actually cause little distress to fish/shrimp, so I wouldn't necessarily worry about it.

And as far as the fish are concerned?

And as for the cloudiness, I suspect I am having an algal bloom.

Does anyone know of a co2 diffusion method whereby it is dissolved into the water with 100% efficiency, thus eliminating microbubbles?

You could look into inline reactor such as the Rex Grigg reactor or the Cerges reactor.

Back
Top Bottom