Co2 Diffuser at lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went into my lfs and found this co2 diffuser that I was looking for (of course I didn't really need it for my plants as they don't require it but I thought it would help anyway). Well, long story short, the worker there stopped me from buying it, yup, stopped me form buying the product because he claimed it was poorly designed by the manufacturer.

He showed me that this part( Hagen Fluval Replacement CO2 Diffuser for CO2 20) is poorly designed because the pressure of the co2 can easily pop this part in half, as it is normally snapped together. He also showed me that if the suction cups come off, that the holes from the suction cups would shoot out the co2 and kill everything. So I left the store without it. I just want to make sure, is this true about this product?

This is the product I saw. Hagen Fluval Mini Pressurized CO2 Kit

I use this with no complaints

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 99
I saw that ceramic diffuser there, but I am confused, If I were to buy that diffuser, where would I get the co2? From the kit? then buy that seperately? I can't see going back to that store as the worker absolutely hates the diffuser and refuses to sell it to anyone. Anyone know where I can get just the co2 tank? Its hard to order online as I am in Hawaii and the co2 cannot be flown here, yet it won't be sold to me by the worker at the lfs.

I put mine across from hob filter. Just make sure you put it as low as possible.

ok, I will be sure to do so if I get one. I got a 5 gallon with a Anubas Barteri and java moss with moss ball.

Back
Top Bottom