Co2 Diffusing in Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kunthan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I am trying to maintain Constant Co2 in my aquarium, and make the drop checker to apper green.

What happen is that i have connected By Co2 and Light to timer, every mornning when lights come up, drop checker will be in Blue Color After i stopped adding Excel as it got over. Then i use to tun on my CO2 1 hour before the liight come up then also it is in Blue Color.
This week i calculated the time taken for the Drop checker to change green is 3+ hours.
Either now i have to do below things ??? Please Advise whcih is best
1) Now i am forced to buy another timer seperate for CO2 and make it come 3 + ours before lights come on.
2) Not i am using a ceramic co2 diffuser, has to be Change to inline co2 diffuser ( buy or DRY )

Tank Details:-
-------------
Length:48 Hight:24 Width:18
Light:- 216W ( 4X54WT5 Bulb ) 6500K
Presurised CO2 - 4-5 Bubble per sec
Currently My :- PH - 7.6 , High PH - 7.4 , Amonia - 0 PPM, Nitrite - 0 PPM , Nitrate -20 PPM

Please Advise any way to achive this:thanks::thanks::thanks:

in short, i want to maintain a good amount of co2 level when my lights come on. hope this help to advise...

Have you tested the water to see if it's coming out ok,

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for helping mate...

what is that you are Referring by asking is it comming out ok ?????

I am sorry if my Question was hard to understand or confusing.

My Query Below:-
-----------------

I want a good amount of co2 leave in aquarium ( close to 30ppm i.e drop checker to show green ) when my light is turned on in the morning. To achieve this, I have to turn my CO2 3hours before the light is turn on.

As the 3 hours is very long, I feel the Co2 are not missing properly in water via ceramic diffuser, So trying to figure an alternate solution to make it effective.

Either by inline co2 diffuser or by something else if you people can help me

Saw a DIY post in Website: - Hoftiezer.Net - Personal - Aquaria Any suggestion on this ???

I use a uv diffuser that I keep on most the time and doubles as an extra filter, also more bubbles. Honestly alot might tell you different but usually the simple route is best. I also use carbon bags in my filter housing to optimize clarity. I don't know what kind of filtration you use or gallons in your tank but if you provide info it will help who ever answers you in this thread.

You will definitely get better results with an inline diffuser, especially for a tank that size. You are in India correct? You could probably find/order a Chinese knockoff to something similar to the Atomic brand inline diffuser, which is very effective.

DIY you'd want to look at a Cerges reactor or Rex Griggs reactor.

I use a uv diffuser that I keep on most the time and doubles as an extra filter, also more bubbles. Honestly alot might tell you different but usually the simple route is best. I also use carbon bags in my filter housing to optimize clarity. I don't know what kind of filtration you use or gallons in your tank but if you provide info it will help who ever answers you in this thread.

Mine is 4 weet 90G tank and using Sunsun 4 stage canister filter... i am using purigen bec of replacing nature of carbon... i guess i have a uv waterpurifier i guess i can try convert as a inline diffuser, tks for that :)

You will definitely get better results with an inline diffuser, especially for a tank that size. You are in India correct? You could probably find/order a Chinese knockoff to something similar to the Atomic brand inline diffuser, which is very effective.

DIY you'd want to look at a Cerges reactor or Rex Griggs reactor.

Thnaks for helping me always :) :)
you are rite i am from india
inline co2 diffuser - thats on of the option i consided...

Cheking if i can make some thing more effective in DIY

To answer your first question, yes, a second timer would be ideal to get the CO2 regulator on its own schedule.
I find that it takes a few hours before I see a color change in the drop checker. You should setup multiple DCs due to the size of the tank.
The canister will allow more options for CO2 diffusion. One thing to keep in mind is the potential reduction in flow the in-line diffuser or reactor may present.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

To answer your first question, yes, a second timer would be ideal to get the CO2 regulator on its own schedule.
I find that it takes a few hours before I see a color change in the drop checker. You should setup multiple DCs due to the size of the tank.
The canister will allow more options for CO2 diffusion. One thing to keep in mind is the potential reduction in flow the in-line diffuser or reactor may present.

Thanks for Reply...

my Plan was to add another timer, Already ordered one will be setting up this week...

Deeply thinking on the in-line diffuser as it will reduce the flow to a considerable amount . only one canister filter for that 90G tank @265 GPH...

Searching for a way to do this inline without reducing the Flow :)

How about Splitting the Flow in to two and connecting inline to one and joining again back... ???

If flow is an issue, then a secondary filter, power head, or canister may be in order. The reported flow rate of 265 gph (which is most likely measured with no media present) is pretty low for a 90g.
The split return sounds like a good idea. It will allow you to control the amount of flow going into the reactor. Of course, this will involve ball valves and T connectors. Basically anything between the canister and tank may reduce flow. How much? I cannot say. But that is the way I would set it up.

Hi Kunthan,
I think that keeping things simple is best.
I use a separate timer for the Co2. It comes on at the same time as the lights and goes off 2 hours before the lights go off. You should not start the Co2 before the lights come on. The drop tester liquid takes many hours to change colour and the most reliable reading is shortly before the Co2 goes off. I adjust the bubble rate so that the Co2 drop tester liquid goes to a yellowy green but never to yellow.
My Co2 is fed into the tank through a ceramic defuser placed at the bottom of the tank directly under the canister filter inlet pipe which is half way up the tank. Any bubbles not being absorbed by the tank water are drawn into the canister filter which acts as an absorption chamber. This method seems to be highly effective yet very simple.
As the plants give off Co2 during the night I run an air stone, using a separate timer, that comes on when the lights are off and switches off when the lights come on.
This does mean you require 3 timers, but you can use the standard domestic plug in timers which are very cheap.
I have been using this method for a couple of years and plant growth is good and fish are healthy. I hope that's of some help.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi Kunthan,
I think that keeping things simple is best.
I use a separate timer for the Co2. It comes on at the same time as the lights and goes off 2 hours before the lights go off. You should not start the Co2 before the lights come on. The drop tester liquid takes many hours to change colour and the most reliable reading is shortly before the Co2 goes off. I adjust the bubble rate so that the Co2 drop tester liquid goes to a yellowy green but never to yellow.
My Co2 is fed into the tank through a ceramic defuser placed at the bottom of the tank directly under the canister filter inlet pipe which is half way up the tank. Any bubbles not being absorbed by the tank water are drawn into the canister filter which acts as an absorption chamber. This method seems to be highly effective yet very simple.
As the plants give off Co2 during the night I run an air stone, using a separate timer, that comes on when the lights are off and switches off when the lights come on.
This does mean you require 3 timers, but you can use the standard domestic plug in timers which are very cheap.
I have been using this method for a couple of years and plant growth is good and fish are healthy. I hope that's of some help.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

thanks you for Replying...

even iw ant a simple setup to fix this small small issue.. not intrested to spend to much.. i have already spend enough... i have ordered one extra timer, i fell below will work on my tank... ( some time back i got this advise from AA )

7:00 AM Co2 on
8:00 AM Lights on
12:00 PM Lights off
6:00 PM Lights on
8:00 PM CO2 off
9:00PM Lights off

will slowly adjected aftre studding...

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom