Co2 mix help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a diy co2 system what's the best mix for a 2 liter bottle.... I'm using 2 cups sugar and half tea spoon yeast and I'm not getting that much bubbles

That is the recipe I use. How large is your tank? How are you diffusing it? How deep is the diffusor? How long has it been set up? What is the hardness and ph of the water in the mix?

D9VIN said:
That is the recipe I use. How large is your tank? How are you diffusing it? How deep is the diffusor? How long has it been set up? What is the hardness and ph of the water in the mix?

Its in a 35g and is diffused by an air stone which is right below the intake valve the diffuser is about 18 inches in the water and has been set up for a little over a week and the ph of the water is about 7.8

Are you just using one jug? In my planted 40g I have 4. Do you have a hardness (kh) test? If you test kh and ph you can use those numbers to find the co2 concentration of your water. You wanna shoot for about 15-30ppm.

Cool thx also some people use brown sugar and some people use baking soda do u know anything about that

I don't know about brown sugar, I suppose it would work, since it is sugar, but I would stick to the plain old sugar. Baking soda is used to "harden" the water, and maybe to adjust ph, can't remember right now. It is used in addition to sugar and yeast.

http://www.aquatic-eden.com/2006/09/cheap-lighting-for-plants-cf-sprial.html?m=1

This is a pretty good resource for diy co2. A good starting point anyway. Just kinda mess around with it.

Back
Top Bottom