Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Colored Gravel Question

This is kind of a dumb post, but I was just wondering how many of you find gravel mixed in with yours that isn't the same as your normal gravel's color. I have a mix of black and white gravel, but I keep finding bright blue pebbles in my 75 gallon while I'm doing PWC. I've already removed quite a few blue pebbles, but more keeps popping up! I know they don't come with new fish because I never dump fish store water in my tank.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to David14259
Yeah, I had a few colored bits in my natural colored gravel. I assume its all made in the same place and a few pieces get stuck in the packing machine or somewhere else.

My Tank: 20 Gallon Freshwater High Tech Planted
My Plants: Dwarf Sagittaria, Riccia, Crypt Lutea, Rotala Macandra, Corkscrew Val, Blyxa Japonica, Ambulia, Anubias Nana, Flame Moss, Christmas Moss, Echinodorus Parviflorus.
My Fish: 1 German Gold Ram, 3 Praecox Rainbows, 1 Otocinclus Catfish, 1 Siamese Algae Eater, 1 Rummynose Tetra, 4 Cherry Barbs
My Inverts: Ramshorn Snails, Apple Snails.
David14259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have found pink pebbles in my flourite. >=(
Watch our thread! A MyCatsDrool and Travis Simonson Joint Production....55 Tanganyikan Tank. It is hidden in the photography showcase. It is really my tank, but Trav is helping and we live next door from each other...so....

CCTV Has shut its doors. Off the air.
5.5 gal ADA rimless cube, fully planted, killifish breeder. coming soon to a forum near you.
It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. Illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
MyCatsDrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

*Drops in blue pebbles while your head is turned*
Old 02-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm still pulling blue gravel out of my sand. About a year ago JChillin send me some plants that had rocks stuck in the roots. Not many, but maybe a dozen. Every once in a while I'll find a rock from his tank.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

At least I know I'm not the only one here. I'm not complaining about it, I just find it odd that they keep popping up. For the longest time I will only see black and white rocks, then out of the blue (not pun intended) I'll find a blue one. It's just kind of weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyfanatic
I'm still pulling blue gravel out of my sand. About a year ago JChillin send me some plants that had rocks stuck in the roots. Not many, but maybe a dozen. Every once in a while I'll find a rock from his tank.
I find that to be pretty funny for some reason.

Tags
gravel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com