Colorful Fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
images
like this one but more blue, brighter!

images
like this too

I don't really like the fish in the fish sections either, but that's basically all that's around me. I may have to get some Walmart fish. Sigh.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

FishProfiles.com - Profile List i hope this helps most of the fish listed here are good colourfull non agressive fish i suggest googeling the picture the pics on the site dont do them justice..also a beta would do verry good in your tank if you dont have overexcesive surface movement, maby a few floating plants would ideal but not necisary to keep a beta happy the actualy do much better in larger tanks and usualy accept blood worm and can be weened onto meat based flake food

FishProfiles.com - Profile List i hope this helps most of the fish listed here are good colourfull non agressive fish i suggest googeling the picture the pics on the site dont do them justice..also a beta would do verry good in your tank if you dont have overexcesive surface movement, maby a few floating plants would ideal but not necisary to keep a beta happy the actualy do much better in larger tanks and usualy accept blood worm and can be weened onto meat based flake food

Thank you so much It will help alot!! Am I able to mix some goldfish in? And black moor.. ??

no problems mixing smaller goldfish in with tropical fish just keep the water around 72-74 no higher and the gold fish will be happy same with the black moors and if you dont over feed they wont be messy. the down side is the gold fish im warmer water wont do as well as if they wer in cold water but will still live happily

My dad is a pro at goldfish. He should go into business raising goldfish. He makes nickel size orandas turn into baseball size ones in about a year...He does it all in takes with no heaters.
My wife likes goldfish and we tried them in a 20 gallon with the temp at 74 with hillstream loaches and corycats. That tank just didn't do well and we couldn't keep it clean. We had 3 goldfish in it.

i had a 40gal at one time with a golf ball sized goldfish in it maby a bit bigger and it seemed to do well but the water temp was 72-74 degrees the tank wasnt a chore to clean sure twice monthly gravel vac water change but thats normal with any tank just dont get too many that are too big and they do fine they wont grow super fast either and if your dad gets them that big that fast he feeds them ALOT and they are probably in a big tank thats why they didnt do good in the 20 gal also hillstreams are cold water and very sensitive to warm water..corrys ar tropical so idk bad tank stocking choices just my opinion

Well I went with the hillstreams for the reason they were cold water (even though they aren't advertised that way,) to go with the gold fish. I tried to keep the temp up just high enough for cories. I will go on record right now and say I have never lost a cory. I came close...but I have never lost one. And actually my dad keeps cories with his goldfish in an unheated tank...I am getting 8 babies from him this month. They are breeding for him and he removes the eggs...
I think cories are the most hardy fish you can get. If you're killing cories, you shouldn't be let around fish...

nah corrys arnt the most hardy fish you can get.... pirahnas are ive acidentaly filled the tank with all cold water after a 50% or so water change after goin away for a few days and leaving some gold fish as food so they ate about 50% of each fish and the rest just sat in the tank for 3 days im guessing so the horble water quality mixed with ice cold tap water reducing the temp from 75 to about 45-50 then gradualy coming back up with a few heaters in the tank. i think thats some kind of fish keeping record. oh ya they didnt even get ich or anything they just layed almost motionless on the bottom for 3 hours till the water heated up then they wer good

That's actually how I almost killed my cories. I went away for 2 weeks and when I got back the water level was low. I know by touch about what the right temp is so I dumped water into the tank...All of a sudden my cories went belly up. I paniced and netted them and threw them into my other tank. After a bit I realized that the water level sank below my heater. I dumped warm water in a cold tank. For about 2 hours the cories sat at the top of the tank belly up but I fed them and they came around. That's the closest I have ever gotten to losing a cory.

ya my amonia was 8.0+ and my nitrates and nitrites wer thru the roof like any normal fish would have died then i filled the tank with cold water so its a testement to how hardy pirahnas are

Back
Top Bottom