Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question comet / snail help

This seems really silly for me to ask but can a snail live inside a goldfish kinda like a parasite/ host deal.
I have a 10 inch comet(8yrs old). It seemed to at one night(about a month ago) when I heard them kinda splashing around. When I went to investigate I fliped on the light in the 55gallon and I noticed a snail like appendage stick out of the fishes gentail opening. I know what your think it was poo right. But what I saw was light tan/pink with tiny red dots on it. But what really amazed me is that it was about a inch long and after watching it for acouple of minutes it sucked its self back into the fish. I have seen plenty of fish poo to realize this wasn't normal.
no bring us forward to last week I seen my same fish face swell on one side and admit a white puss like substance. I treated the tank for his what I thought was a infection from hitting a rock. Now I have notice these little tiny tiny white larve on the side of my tank which look like very very small snails. They are the size of the point of a pin. I tried getting a pic but my camera can't focus on them. Can anybody give me any advise on this I'm really scratching my head on this one. Thanks

Tags
comet, snail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com