Common Pleco Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really??? I always thought that's what mine did all of the time but I guess he just likes to stick to things...
Nobody ever told me that but what big type will eat algae???

After you rehome that pleco you should look for a bristlenose pleco. It will max out at around 5 inches. So you can keep it in your tank indefinitely

....why does it have to be bigger? A bn would do great. And is about as big as u could fit in a 20 gallon

Oh sorry its a 55g. I want some bigger fish for it cause everything i have is like tetra sized and i like the big fish.

Id rehome the pleco and look for a smaller species (such as a bristlenose ) . You can also order other various smaller species from liveaquaria.com.
You could get a rubberlip too. I think they get a little bigger than a BN

Sorry but I cannot answer the other questions.

I bought my albino bristlenose for about $5. But yah the other ones u can order from tht site are more money. Id get a bristlenose

Yah that's what I mean! I got my albino bn from petsmart for $5. It was the only one I've ever seen there tho so good luck!

Sure. My bn pleco is actually my favorite fish right now. It is very interesting to watch. And active too. Make sure u have some driftwood if you're gonna get one cuz they like to munch on it and it helps in digestion. A good place for it to hide as well. And you need to feed it algae wafers and blanched zucchini or watermelon. Idk if u know any of this or not already but just in case.

Usually I recommend you don't keep DGs with gouramis because the DGs will get picked on, but that said I kept a gold gourami with two honey gold DGs and they got along fine.
As for the betta and gourami together IDK for most people it doesn't end up as a happy ending. But my female honey DG and female betta imbellis don't bother each other, more often than not they ignore each other.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Usually I recommend you don't keep DGs with gouramis because the DGs will get picked on, but that said I kept a gold gourami with two honey gold DGs and they got along fine.
As for the betta and gourami together IDK for most people it doesn't end up as a happy ending. But my female honey DG and female betta imbellis don't bother each other, more often than not they ignore each other.

How large is the tank that you did that in? I'm sure that has a factor in the success

Back
Top Bottom