community frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kangarooooooooo

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok i have 3 red plattys an angel fish(did have two but they beat eachother up) and a black ghost knife(around 4 inches) in a 55 gallon tank. how compatible would a frog be with my fish and what kinda of frog could i get? i'm looking for a profile about a frog and how to take care of them. are they a problem ever?

Oh sorry didn' read whole question, they are only a problem if you get this species:
http://www.thefishwiki.com/ACF

You want ADF, but make sure you know the diff when you go to the petstore becasue frequently, they dont!

I have an ADF, they only get about 4-5 inches long...he loves it in my tank, hasn't touched my mollies or mini clown pleco. They all seem to get along great. He loves to eat frozen blood worms about every 3 days, and frequently sits on top of our shark statue and watches what is going on...they also like to hide out. You'll have to watch the back of your tank to make sure there aren't any openings, they tend to want to jump out, mine hasn't but we are cautious! Check out my gallery to see a pic of our ADF!

I believe the ADF's get to be about 2" long and the ACF's are the ones that got to be 4-5" long. I've had both and the ACF's are definately bigger. I had ADF's for a year and they never got any bigger than 1 1/2".

You guys are forgetting that he has a BGKF in his tank. That means instant food for the Ghost once its bigger ;)

thats nice to know about my ADF, the lfs told me it could get to as big as 4-5 inches...I thought that was going to be too big, (shucks, I was hoping to be able to talk my husband into a 29 gal once the frog got a bit bigger) :D ... oh well, 1 1/2 inches will work great for my 10 gal! Thanks Zagz! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom