Community oddball?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was told they only get 8 inch?

It depends on which one you got. Have a pic? One reaches about 9-10" while the other gets to 11" or so. Still at 8" you'd be surprised what a catfish can eat ;)

Yea I know I love catfish I used to have a red tail but lost my job so couldn't build the tank I was planning and had to sell him :( but yea I'll try and get a pic

Here are some pics, best I can get he's still a bit shy lol and the ram got in the way of one but that's the only front view I could get

Attachments

• image-72245343.jpg
    image-72245343.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2460255325.jpg
    image-2460255325.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1531374351.jpg
    image-1531374351.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 51
Looks like Chrysichthys ornatus to me, 9.9" is listed as the "max size" so 8" is probably fairly accurate.

My Jaguar Catfish is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll probably be in the same boat as you. A 8-9" catfish that will eyeball my daughters dwarf guarami lol

Nice I like them, never seen them in the uk tho :( just try and keep him well fed lol

I have an Eclipse Cat that is around 5 inches or so. How big do they get when they're fully grown?

Eclipse / Suncats can get to 8-9". I've had them around 6".

Mudfrog said:
Eclipse / Suncats can get to 8-9". I've had them around 6".

Mine grew really fast and now he has slowed down. But he eats a lot!

Yea they grow like a weed to 5" then slow down. They get fat too.

Mudfrog said:
Yea they grow like a weed to 5" then slow down. They get fat too.

Yeah that's exactly like mine. He should get pretty big though because he is currently in my 220. So I'm expecting him to reach max size.

Back
Top Bottom