Community stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedavinator

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, I’m down another fish. Tony, my betta, died two days ago. Now I’ve just got the 3 mollies and the 3 platys. Pretty empty-looking 29 gallon. I’m not sure if I want to get another betta (male or female), try again with the angelfish, or get a few schooling fish. I wanted to get 2 or 3 female bettas, but a lot of my research says they do better in a tank with no other types of fish. I’d like to try with the angelfish again, but I didn’t have luck with the first pair. Still debating. If not, I’d like to get up to 5 or 6 schooling fish. Any suggestions?

Specs:

29 gallons
1 male platy, 2 female
3 female molly
Planted with a few Anubis plants that I'm still trying to get to grow.

If you want schooling fish try zebra danios,white cloud minnows, skirted tetras,or rainbow fish

I think cardinal or neon tetras always look nice

If you want schooling fish try zebra danios,white cloud minnows, skirted tetras,or rainbow fish

I've had neons before and now cardinals. I love the cardinals. The colors stand out so much more. Although they are definitely opportunistic food hogs. Pellets for the rams have a hard time making it to the bottom.

If I were you i'd go for:

- 3 Platys
- 3 Mollies
- 1 or 2 Angelfish
- 6 to 10 Cardinal Tetras
- 6 Peppered Corydas

If I were you i'd go for:

- 3 Platys
- 3 Mollies
- 1 or 2 Angelfish
- 6 to 10 Cardinal Tetras
- 6 Peppered Corydas

I wouldn't be overstocked with that? I'm always afraid to add too many fish. But if I could add angels and a half dozen schooling fish, that'd be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom