Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Community tank

My tank still has some room or atleast I think it does. My tank is 50 gallons and full of live plants, I guess you could include aglae in that too. Soon to be taken care of. Anyways I have 2 Pearl Gouramis, 4 Bolivian Rams, 1 Angelfish, 5 Panda Cories. I want to pick up more pandas when my lfs has more instock, since I depleted there stock on my last visit. I would like to get a school of tetras not sure what kind yet since I can't find lemon tetras. My main question is would another angelfish be okay, I would really like to get a koi angelfish.

Ps. this may make no sense to anyone I'm way to tired but I tried, also work sucks, okay maybe not I can support my commuity err the fishy one.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to bunebop
lol I personally think you would be fine with those fish in that size tank, especially since it's full of live plants. I would put them in, I'm not sure about other people. But I think there's pleanty of room in the tank. And that did make sense

~55 galFW ~6 zebra danios (I think, haven't seen some in a while), ~7 black skirt tetras, 1 clown pleco, 1 cory cat, 3 pit bull plecos, 1 baby guppy in a breeders net, and 1 red minor tetra

I also have a couple other tanks w/o fish as right now I do not have the room/time and there is a chance of moving in the "near" future so I don't want to get more fish for them. I'm downsizing for the moment.
bunebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I agree that adding a few more fish would be OK, as long as you have decent filtration. One concern about more angelfish is that they can either be territorial and pick on each other if they don't get along, or that they can get territorial and pick on other fish if they get along too well . I had to cut back to 1 angel for both reasons. I think it's worth trying, but keep an eye on the dynamics. A school of tetras or some other small schooling guys is always nice.

Have fun!
poikilotherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:23 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

8O poikilotherm--the hugging smileys are too funny.

In all seriousness, I would be very cautious about adding another angelfish. Since you have a peaceful community, I strongly recommend adding a bunch of schooling tetras and go for more panada cories!!

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks, I think I may hold off on atleast trying another angelfish till my winter break then I'll have plenty of time to monitor them and possibly a place to rehouse one if they dont get along.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:41 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
could try discus. their alot more prone to stress though. they require perfect water conditions but im pretty sure their not aggressive. but their alot more $ then angels though.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:53 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Try to find lemon tetras again. My lfs just got them in and I bought them and I absolutely love them. They school all day with my danios as well and it's just a pleasure to watch.

Don't do Discus. Alot of hassle even for a fish addict.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:32 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

krap, discus require a lot more care than most community fish. There had been a few threads devoted to the upkeep of discus in the past few months and basically, it boils down to having a discus only tank to start with.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:03 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppab02
Try to find lemon tetras again. My lfs just got them in and I bought them and I absolutely love them. They school all day with my danios as well and it's just a pleasure to watch.

Don't do Discus. Alot of hassle even for a fish addict.
I hope so because I've heard they are a really good looking schooling fish.

Tags
community, community tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com