Community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank still has some room or atleast I think it does. My tank is 50 gallons and full of live plants, I guess you could include aglae in that too. Soon to be taken care of. Anyways I have 2 Pearl Gouramis, 4 Bolivian Rams, 1 Angelfish, 5 Panda Cories. I want to pick up more pandas when my lfs has more instock, since I depleted there stock on my last visit. I would like to get a school of tetras not sure what kind yet since I can't find lemon tetras. My main question is would another angelfish be okay, I would really like to get a koi angelfish.

Ps. this may make no sense to anyone I'm way to tired but I tried, also work sucks, okay maybe not I can support my commuity err the fishy one. :D

lol I personally think you would be fine with those fish in that size tank, especially since it's full of live plants. I would put them in, I'm not sure about other people. But I think there's pleanty of room in the tank. And that did make sense :)

I agree that adding a few more fish would be OK, as long as you have decent filtration. One concern about more angelfish is that they can either be territorial and pick on each other if they don't get along, or that they can get territorial and pick on other fish if they get along too well :hugs: . I had to cut back to 1 angel for both reasons. I think it's worth trying, but keep an eye on the dynamics. A school of tetras or some other small schooling guys is always nice.

Have fun!

8O poikilotherm--the hugging smileys are too funny.

In all seriousness, I would be very cautious about adding another angelfish. Since you have a peaceful community, I strongly recommend adding a bunch of schooling tetras and go for more panada cories!!

Thanks, I think I may hold off on atleast trying another angelfish till my winter break then I'll have plenty of time to monitor them and possibly a place to rehouse one if they dont get along.

could try discus. their alot more prone to stress though. they require perfect water conditions but im pretty sure their not aggressive. but their alot more $ then angels though.

Try to find lemon tetras again. My lfs just got them in and I bought them and I absolutely love them. They school all day with my danios as well and it's just a pleasure to watch.

Don't do Discus. Alot of hassle even for a fish addict.

krap, discus require a lot more care than most community fish. There had been a few threads devoted to the upkeep of discus in the past few months and basically, it boils down to having a discus only tank to start with.

poppab02 said:
Try to find lemon tetras again. My lfs just got them in and I bought them and I absolutely love them. They school all day with my danios as well and it's just a pleasure to watch.

Don't do Discus. Alot of hassle even for a fish addict.

I hope so because I've heard they are a really good looking schooling fish.

Back
Top Bottom