Community tank food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
What should I feed my community tank? It has a couple of clown loaches and angelfish along with a couple Danios and platys. What's should I feed them? Any suggestions for Fish food would be greatly appreciated. Currently I'm just feeding them once daily with nutrafin bug bites but it doesn't sink so the loaches can't seem to get them.

Grab some sinking wafers, some quality flake, and some quality micro pellets. Feed a variety of these so as to keep a nice balanced/varied diet. New life spectrum, Omega and Northfin are the brands I lean towards.

I do Omega One flakes, pellets, and kelp flakes. I also keep frozen blood worms which I feed a couple times a week.

I do tetra pro colour, freeze dried blood worm, flakes, algae wafers and recently started repashy soilent green. They also get frozen foods once a week

If I get the omega one freshwater flakes how many times do I have to feed the fish daily? Also if I get the Hikari sinking wafers how many times for that as well. Keep in mind that I have a couple of clown loaches that are 2 to 3 inches in length along with angelfish a little bigger than a dollar(coin) and some platys and danios

Omega flakes, DIY flakes from merchant at show, and really any flakes, they gobble them all, can't think of anything my fishes wouldn't eat. Many brands make sinking pellets for bottom feeders, usually have pics of loaches and cories on the packaging.
1-2 times a week I feed frozen food - brine shrimp or chopped bloodworms. The tank goes absolutely nuts.

When finiky fish wouldn't eat (like the two angel freaks in my 55gal were) i offer frozen food targeted with a dropper.

I'm thinking of getting omega one freshwater flakes and Hikari sinking wafers along with bloodworms. If I do get those, how many times a day would I need to feed and about how much too feed. Should I trust the two minute rule(only feed as much as your fish can eat in 2 mind). I know to feed bloodworms once or twice a week.

You have total of ~ 6 fish in your tank it seems? Entire portion of frozen food might be to much.Unless you growing out juvies don't feed more then once a day. Sometimes I'd feed only 6 or 5 days in a week if tank is mature.

I have 4 angelfish that are about 2 inches in length(not counting tail), 3 clown loaches that are 3 inches in length. 3 platys and 3 zebra Danios that are 1 inch.

So here's my plan now. I will feed the platys, Danios, and angelfish once daily using omega one freshwater flakes. I will then feed the clown loaches twice a day with Hikari Sinking wafers(About 3 pieces for each clown loach) sounds good?

Get slow sinking pellets [like New life Spectrum] 1mm-1.5mm for the angels and clowns. All others will eat them if they get any .

If i get new life spectrum community pellets that would be used to feed all the fish except for the loaches which would eat sinking wafera

I'd feed once a day. If you go flake or pellets I would think one small pinch would work for your stock. If they eat it all in under 2 min then you need a little bigger pinch. If it takes a little longer it's ok. If you go with wafers and juvie clowns I'd think a half wafer each? I've only used Aqueon and Omega One wafers and if it's the size of those id think a half a wafer a day for each would be good. Coralbandit has extensive experience with clown loaches so I'd take his advice on feeding.

Ok so if I get just new life spectrum community pellets, that would be used to feed everyone in the tank. Or would I still need to get sinking wafers

Back
Top Bottom