Community tank options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pmusicd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone.

We have a 29 gallon bowfront tank. It's cycled and great levels, a well used tank.) We have a 3 year old daughter that loves fish and so I'm turning this tank into a community tank for her. I currently have 2 blue flame dwarf gouramis in it and a small frog ( I gave in to the toddlers plea for one!) what else would you recommend for a tank this size and with its current inhabitants? Any comments welcome. Just looking for some options that we may not have thought of and will be fun for a 3 year old to watch (I do the tank maintenance.)

On a side note, my wife and I are not new to fish. We've had many tanks over the years with many different type of fish. We currently have a 50 gallon with 2 very aggressive dempseys (that have killed everything we had in it.) They are happy in there just the two of them. We also have a 10 gallon with 2 black convicts- I know tank is too small for them, we're looking for s bigger tank, so this is a temporary place for them.)

Over the years we've had a variety of cichlids in our tanks ( African and South American- not in same tanks though.) we love having tanks- it's calming and entertaining to watch. I look forward to any and all replies.

J-

considering what you're planning for this tank have you thought about inverts like maybe a hammers cobalt blue lobster (crayfish), maybe singapore flower shrimp and some interesting schoolers?

I have a 5 year old son and am about to move his fish into a larger tank. My plan is to replace them with Endlers Livebearers. They are very colorful. Fancy guppies could be pretty for kiddos, too. If you have an African Dwarf Frog, I would recommend adding 1 or 2 more. They don't have much of a bioload from my understanding and do much better with friends in the tank.

A blue crayfish will kill anything it can catch. I would not recommend one for a community tank.

Corydoras catfish, smaller tetras and rasboras, amano shrimp, small plecos (like rubberlip, bristlenose, etc.) would do well with what you already have.

Back
Top Bottom