Companions for danios?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agentamalia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started a 10 gal tank this week I'm in the process of cycling and was planning to get a few danios when I'm done. What would be some other small good tempered fish to go with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Harlequin rasporas. Small but pretty little fish in big schools.

Www.aqadvisor.com will help you with stocking to make sure you don't over do it or see that you still have room left.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I started a 10 gal tank this week I'm in the process of cycling and was planning to get a few danios when I'm done. What would be some other small good tempered fish to go with them?

What kind of danios? A ten gallon will be too small for majority of them. Even though they are small fish they are zippy and require more room to swim around.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Keeping Danios

Hello agent...

Danios are very active, shoaling fish. The fewest number is 8 or 10. I've kept them for some time and they won't do well in a small tank, because they need numbers and are very active swimmers. They tend to be aggressive toward other fish, especially smaller species. The smallest tank I'd keep Danios in is a 20 gallon.

Just my observations, you're the tank keeper.

B

Agreed with above. 20g long should be the minimum size considered for zebra danios. They tend to get very aggressive with their tank mates when kept in smaller tanks due to not having enough tank length to burn off their energy in.

If you like Zebra danios, a better option would be the various Rasboras instead. Similar behavior & personality, but less demanding of space.

Celestial Pearl Danios look like tiny trout. If you are doing live plants and are willing to have Nano fish, they are a good choice.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425412742.795443.jpg

Ya celstial pearl danios would be a much better option. And with them some chilli rasboras or ember tetras.

Back
Top Bottom