comparison of (color-enhancing) foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a quite a good article (y) .
I would have liked it even more, if he would have used a higher number of fishes for each test and if he would have tested some other main fishfood companies.

I agree that details regarding the manufacturer's of each food would have been nice. I'm not really clear on one other thing...when he mentions the 50/50 mix, does he mean that the food itself was 50/50 or the food was mixed with 50% spurilina?

PS - What's going on with your avatar tetrin?

Tiffi, christian used 20g tall tanks for his tests. packing many fish in that space would ultimately lead to more pwc's :mrgreen: .

JC, i believe the food was mixed with 50% spirulina. that's a common combo for feeding mbuna (the fish on which the test was carried out on). i feed omega one spirulina flakes in the morning and NLS in the evening :) .
as for the avatar, that's a photoshop'ed pic of me trying to emulate bruce lee 0X (courtesy my roomie).

Whoops...sorry Arin. I forgot that I cannot view your avatar at work (for reasons unknown, it will not allow the link to go through all the time). Since it was "missing" from time to time, I thought you were adding/removing it. LOL

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that's what he meant.

I have seen it. :p

I would also have gone with larger test groups, tested for 10 weeks, and been a bit more detailed in my results....with pics, of course!

It seems that the ones fed the color enhanced foods had better color but didn't grow as healthy, while the ones fed the staple food weren't as colorful, but grew larger. well i guess it would be ok to say to feed both color enhancing food for color purposes, and staple foods for growth. If you fed both each day... like the color enhancing stuff in the morning, and the staple food in the evening, would you not get the best results?

Personally, when i used to do science projects in high school i made charts and graphs to make it easy to understand, i think thats what that guy should've done to make it a bit clearer because i may be reading it wrong..

Back
Top Bottom