compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demodrin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my lady comes back from the lfs today and says " look honey pretty frogs" , she bought 2 tutti frutti frogs, we have a 75 gallon with 2 emporer 400 hob filters.

after much reading on AA , seems they are african clawed frogs, many posts on them say they should be species only, was wondering since its a big tank , will they be ok with other fish?
7 tiger barbs
2 black mollies
3 fruity tetras (more wifey fish)
1 rainbow shark
4 giant danios
2 albino coreys
1 pictus catfish

all fish are larger than the frogs right now, can they survive swimming 18 inches to reach air?

Honestly, I don't think your ACF has a good chance of surviving very long in that size of tank. They really need to be in a 20 gallon tank maximum to be able to get up to the top of the water and they also need to be with fish that won't eat them/they won't eat, so I wouldn't really trust them with your Rainbow Shark or Mollies and then some others too. Sorry. :(

Honestly, I don't think your ACF has a good chance of surviving very long in that size of tank. They really need to be in a 20 gallon tank maximum to be able to get up to the top of the water and they also need to be with fish that won't eat them/they won't eat, so I wouldn't really trust them with your Rainbow Shark or Mollies and then some others too. Sorry. :(

ill try and take them back tomorrow, and ban her from the lfs (y)

That's Good - it's probably the best decision. Sorry you didn't get to have them for long. :(

EDIT: Oh and thanks for thanking my post - it's the first thanks i've ever gotten I think LOL.

Back
Top Bottom