compatability of german rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasRipley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all!
I'm new here...i have a 55 gal planted comunity tank and i would like to add a couple german rams but i would like some advise first. I have in my tank 9 harlequin rasboras, 8 albino cories, 1 rainbow shark, 1 angle fish, 3 cardinal tetras, 3 neons, and 2 pearl gouramis. ph is 7.2. my questions:
1- would german rams be a good match with these fish?
2-i was wanting a male and a female to keep down the fighting among themselves, but it looks like getting females will be hard. would 2 or 3 males be ok (as in not fight with one another)?
and
3-would 1 lone male german ram be happy in my tank if i can't get a female or if he would fight with other males?

thanks!!:)

You could likely do a pair of rams, but this would definitely complete your stocking. You could definitely do a single specimen, but a pair is better.

Some posters here even offer them for sale as pairs, and you can try aquabid if your local stores don't have what you need. I would think that given your location, you should be OK.... I live in a tiny backwoods compared to you, and I think I could get a pair if I had the space (and confidence they could handle my hard water).

Mr Ripley, you are in luck!! Check out this link:

fishfarm USA

Ken is a great guy to work with and I think he has juvenile Blue rams in stock now. And being located in Stratham, likely you can save shipping.

Another possibility is go to aquabid and look for Rkeiger selling rams. He is located in Summerville. Not sure how close, but you get the idea.

They are really neat fish. A bit more sensitive to water quality than some, but worth it.

HTH
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom