Compatability question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. R

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How well do these type of fish get along?

Oscars
Silver Dollars
Firemouths
Red Tailed Sharks
Clown Loaches

also, make sure to only get one shark for the tank, of they will fight. Also, try to get some hiding spots for it, bucause it will be one of smaller fish in the tank.

also, make sure to only get one shark for the tank, of they will fight. Also, try to get some hiding spots for it, bucause it will be one of smaller fish in the tank.

I don't think you could fit all of them in the same tank. Oscars, firemouths, and silver dollars grow very big. They will need lots of space and hideouts. You should probably just pick one of these fish and make a species tank unless you have something like a 210 gallon tank or bigger. Remember silver dollars are schoolers. Clown loaches are big schoolers too.

i always heard that oscars cannot be kept in the same tank with anything other than oscars, i could be wrong tho i just heard they were very aggressive

i see, well thanks for clearing that one up for me.

also how big do they grow to?

I'm not going to be worried about my loaches getting too big. My mom has a tank with one she's had for a while. It seems to be a very slow grower.

i guess my worry is when these fish mature, as you know juves are cute and all but not ready for their own space, when they mature,, new set of rules do you have the space quickly available to move one if aggression becomes an issue? i had an african in my sa tank for a year all fish, were young, impressionable,lol but this year? that african went to a new lfs that opened and he went to a good home, compatability is tough and its really never in stone you can always move or give away a fish till the selection is right

Back
Top Bottom