compatabilty questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wonder... male bettas and gouramis dont get along but what about females and gouramis??? What other fish get along with female bettas that are colorful and add life to a tank??? TIA

I don't know if female bettas and gouramis get along or not. I would think they do. Unless you have a female betta that doesn't want other fish around, you should be able to put her with most other community fish. You could try a school of gold pristella tetras. The four I have are fairly active and add color to the tank.

With any betta, YMMV. I have two females that were in a 50 gal and they would not leave each other alone! Then I put one in with my Badis and she is fine, but the other one is in with a smaller number of Badis and rams is a PITA. Once the ich treatment is over, she gets her own place!

I've got a female betta in with a pair of pearls. She tried to be the boss at first, but my male gourami put her in her place quickly and now they all get along fine. I guess the pecking order just had to be established- they've been together for over 6 months with no problems.

Wow.. well i not just worried about her im also worried about the tetras(2 black skirts) But ill wait and get my 10 gal b4 I giv it a wirl. :)

Back
Top Bottom