Compatable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am thinking about putting 6ish dwarf frogs in a 20 gallon with a betta and red cherry shrimp. Will this work?

Thanks and God bless!

(PS I understand bettas are picky I am more worried about the shrimp and frogs)

I am thinking about putting 6ish dwarf frogs in a 20 gallon with a betta and red cherry shrimp. Will this work?

Thanks and God bless!

(PS I understand bettas are picky I am more worried about the shrimp and frogs)

Bettas are often combined with ADF's I've noticed, now whether it's a good combo or it should not be done I do not know as I've never combined them. Should work though, bettas don't eat terribly fast and nor do the shrimp so he stands a good chance of getting equal amounts of food so I see no reason why it shouldn't work!

Thanks yall! Ewok that is a beautiful betta! And he appears to be well fed! Lol
I had heard somewhere that adfs and rcs wouodnt get along because the shrimp would pester the adf. I had my doubts though thats why I came here! I kinda hope both the betta abd the adfs will snack on the smaller rcs on occasion! Free nutritious food!

Thanks yall! Ewok that is a beautiful betta! And he appears to be well fed! Lol
I had heard somewhere that adfs and rcs wouodnt get along because the shrimp would pester the adf. I had my doubts though thats why I came here! I kinda hope both the betta abd the adfs will snack on the smaller rcs on occasion! Free nutritious food!

Yea aha! He is a spoiled little guy. I actually feed him some exotic imported betta food. He loves it and it brings out his color! I also use this. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387813617.283317.jpg

Very cool! Mine will also be spoiled probably!

I don't know about whether the frogs will eat the RCS, but I keep Amano shrimp with my 4 ADFs and none have ever gotten eaten. RCS are a bit smaller, so they'd be more at risk. Just make sure the shrimp have lots of hidey holes for molting in and give the frogs some tall plants to climb to the surface for air if the tank is a bit on the deep side.

I don't know about whether the frogs will eat the RCS, but I keep Amano shrimp with my 4 ADFs and none have ever gotten eaten. RCS are a bit smaller, so they'd be more at risk. Just make sure the shrimp have lots of hidey holes for molting in and give the frogs some tall plants to climb to the surface for air if the tank is a bit on the deep side.

Absolutly!

Back
Top Bottom