Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SarahSmile

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! I have an established saltwater tank and a biorb with white cloud minnows. I've had these for years and I'm very happy with them, BUT, it's an addiction as we all know and I've started a new tank, a 20 gallon freshwater. I think I would like to keep the following and have been trying to research to see if they are all compatible; 2 dwarf african frogs, 3 pygmy cory cats, ghost shrimp, some zebra danios or tetras, and my white cloud minnows.
What do you all think? For my saltwater tank I have relied heavily on forum answers so I'm happy to find a freshwater forum. Thanks for your help!

I don't know about the minnows, and I haven't gotten frogs because they seem to sit there and look dead all the time, but I keep the rest of them all together and they get along great. Sometimes the tetras and danios will play tag with each other too.

sounds good to me, make sure its a 20 long though. the minnows need swimming space and the frogs shouldn't be in anything over 12 inches in height

Thanks for the replies guys. Ew, dead looking frogs, now I'm skeeved. The tank is 24 inches long and 16 inches tall. BUT, that 16 is if I filled it up to the top, I have it about 4 inches below the top because I don't want water splashing all over the glass lid. Would a betta be ok with these?

Thanks for the replies guys. Ew, dead looking frogs, now I'm skeeved. The tank is 24 inches long and 16 inches tall. BUT, that 16 is if I filled it up to the top, I have it about 4 inches below the top because I don't want water splashing all over the glass lid. Would a betta be ok with these?

it all depends on if the betta will allow it. you will definitely have to spot feed the the frogs, and they need frozen food/frog pellets.

Yeah :/ the frogs don't move much.

A female betta would certainly be fine. Idk if a male would get jerky to anyone else.

Alright, I'm scrapping the frogs. Maybe do a dwarf gourami, my 2 white cloud minnows, 6-8 cardinal tetras, 3 cory cats, shrimp. Eventually. I know it'll take slow stocking to get there. If that sounds like it'll work.

Back
Top Bottom