Compatibility check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My wife wants to add dwarf puffers and glowfish to her 20G setup. Would they live along side each other?

I've been researching a TON on them! I don't know some peoples puffers get along with some fish and some don't. Some dwarf puffers may attack them if do attack the other fish put the other fish some where or take it back.

I read that the dwarf puffers are known to take down fish twice thier size. The look so innocent tho, lol.

ccross said:
I read that the dwarf puffers are known to take down fish twice thier size. The look so innocent tho, lol.

Lol I think the same about their innocence!!!

If it's a 20H it doesn't have enough horizontal swimming space for Glo Fish, but if it's a 20L they could work in it.

I've never kept dwarf puffers, but typically a species tank is recommended for them.

If it's a 20H it doesn't have enough horizontal swimming space for Glo Fish, but if it's a 20L they could work in it.

I've never kept dwarf puffers, but typically a species tank is recommended for them.

I'm trying to get her to go with JUST the puffers. They have enough personality to make up for not having a big variety of fish in the tank :)

ccross said:
I'm trying to get her to go with JUST the puffers. They have enough personality to make up for not having a big variety of fish in the tank :)

I tried reading online again but just got more mixed opinions but I would try it! When you acclimate the fish make sure the puffer isn't already try to eat the other fishies!!

Never owned them, but from what I've read, they can slowly tear apart fish many times their size.... essentially eating off their fins to such a point that they can't swim & die. DP's are a species only fish, and still be careful. If you have multiples in a tank, it either has to be well planted or multiple taller decorations to break up sight lines, as they can be very territorial towards each other as well. Been researching on seting up my own.

Back
Top Bottom