compatibility questions!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquariumkeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
i recently bought a new brackish water tank,and after cycling 1 month i was wondering if i did the drip method could mollies and guppies live with a red claw crab??????? i have a nice land area that allows the crab to breathe. and i have a few plants to provide cover for the crab.
also if i picked a timid crab would they be compatible!!!!!!! advice
and watever else appreciated!!!!

allaboutfish said:
you could try it but you never know and you should acclimater for 24 hours
so do the drip method for 24 hrs. but if i only put 4 fish in the tank would they have a better chance if survival??? and if i feed the crab a lot would he not eat the fish???? thanxs for repling so quick

it depends on the crabs personality really. id start with 1 molly and 1 guppy and wait a month before adding more. and drip acclimating will be essential since most people do the transition in the tank.

also how big is this tank? and where is the land at? can i get a picture? you might be limited on fish by how much water you have.

thank u so much for the information, but one more question should i feed it algae wafers and shrimp pellets???

there a bit fuzzy

Attachments

• image-1977872286.jpg
    image-1977872286.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 122
  • image-1977017005.jpg
    image-1977017005.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 131
10 gallon tank? if so id stick to one or two male guppys in that tank and if you havent started the brackish id add the fish and transition them over and then add the crab

The mollies would be fine as a brackish fish but not in a 10 gal. I don't believe guppies should be converted, I've never heard of them being converted. The crabs will need some land.

Guppies and mollies can both survive even thrive in brackish water. The Mollies will need a much larger tank than 10 gallons though.

rich311k said:
Guppies and mollies can both survive even thrive in brackish water. The Mollies will need a much larger tank than 10 gallons though.

Good to know I've only heard of mollies being brackish.

Back
Top Bottom