compatibilty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Psudotropheus crabo (AKA Maylandia Crabo) grows too large for a 30 gal tank. They can grow up to 8 inches in size. Their min tank size would be at least 75 gal due to their size and aggression level. Honestly, the only African that can be housed in a tank smaller than 55 gal would be Shell Dwellers.

i am going to upgrade to a bigger tank later this year probaly from a 55 to a 120 gallon in the range of those tanks depends on my budget.

I've never kept this fish personally, but although they CAN grow to 8" in size, i'd like to say would apply more for wild caughts.
Most other sites which show up in a search done on this mbuna say 4-5" and up to 6" in a home aquarium. which is a big difference.
However, I agree your tank is still to small for Adults. But if your upgrading anyway and can get some fry to start with, go for it.
I'd suggest pretty much other mbuna, even the odd hap, perhaps something blue to contrast with the yellowish, and of course the purple/ yellow ps. acei "msuli" is a great addition to any african tank.
Although your selected seems to be noted as aggressive, it is not hard to obtain harmony in a mixed community "mbuna" tank.
happy hunting

Matty

im going to go with 3 aulonocara maylandi and 3 gephyrochromis lawsi. if i can find them if not i will go for something else.

Back
Top Bottom